Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Library Chairs ReDo and fini!


























Hello Sunshines, well I have been painting my fingers to the bone! Literally, my nails are broken down to the quick, they hurt! But I just finished my new consignment chairs! They are wonderful and I am going to try and get them re-upholstered. Now you are probably saying to yourself, wow, re-upholstered? WHY!

Well I actually just love love love the fabric but after trying to clean it and watching several wonderful YouTube videos on how to clean velvet, I found that they were really full of dirt, deep down type. Did you know there are "fabric codes" on your furniture? That is how to determine how to clean it.

Since these are probably from the 1950's they really cannot be cleaned at this point. So I tried, and off they go for a new outfit! :)

These chairs are made by American of Martinsville and they have great bones, are sturdy, and they just needed a little update. I will take new pictures when the upholstery is done. I am so excited with just the white paint. They will quaint up my Library!

Pictures soon of the room! :) Have a great weekend, hugs Kat =^.^=
here is the finished product! I love how they turned out! fini! :)




























Ta Da! Kilz and then a nice white from Ace Hardware! one of my favourite places! Ace is the place and really does have everything! :) I really like how they turned out!

Parties!
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Friday's Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Friday at the Charm of Home, Home Sweet Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Simple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted in Thyme
Friday Feature Party at  Redoux Interiors
Inspiration Friday At the Picket Fence
Furniture Fridays at Miss Mustard Seed
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors

Update Update! My Library Chairs are off for some new digs! They will return on or before Saturday May 5th! Wo hoo!  :) I will be posting pictures of their new "outfits" then! Cannot wait! :)

19 comments:

  1. The white paint really sets off the fabric color. I can't wait to see the recovering fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, hint hint another velvet AND a little brocade! I can't wait either! :) Thanks for stoppin by! :) Hugs Kat =^.^=

      Delete
  2. What great chairs, its amazing what a little white paint can do! I'm with you, they deserve some fresh fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, I know! The character seems to "come out" with a lighter color plus saving their future, oh so at home with me to plopp in with a great book and a cuppa tea!:) Thanks for stopping by! :) Hugs Kat =^.^=

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thank you! Very comfortable too! :) Hugs Kat

      Delete
  4. My heart skipped a beat when I saw your chairs. What treasures they are! Can't wait to see them in their new dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, thank you!and thanks for stoppin by! I know very high backs, love them! You have a beautiful blog! We have the same crystal candy dish with the lid! the tall one! LOL I can't wait either to see her new digs! :) Hugs Kat

      Delete
  5. Hi there, I just found your blog . . . and I'm so glad that I did. I also love taking old furniture and giving it a new lease on life. These chairs are lovely, but it is the shabby chic piano that I am head over heels in love with. Great Job!!! Please accept my invitation to come over and visit my blog, hopefully you will decide to follow me, too. Your newest follower, Connie :)
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, just popped over to your blog! WOW LOVE IT! Beautiful porch! I'm your newest Follower as well, thanks for following me! Stay tuned! More fun stuff to come! hugs Kat =^.^= PS Creative weekend and fun too to you!!! :)And thank you on the piano, I just love her I know I keep repeating myself but she is a cutie! :)

      Delete
  6. They look great already. I'm with you on changing the fabric, just for the dirt factor. It will be fun to see what you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your chairs in white. Just the perfect place to lounge as you watch the cars go by in my beautiful Boulder City in the desert. How are my roses in the front yard doing in my sweet cottage just off Utah on Avenue K?

    Love,

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie, well I will have to go and check it out for you and take some pics! :) Thank you, I love the white too! Hugs =^.^=

      Delete
  8. LOVE those chairs!!!!! The white completley transformed them! Can't wait to see what fabric you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen, yes I am so happy with them! Way updated now, I had people stopping as I was painting asking about them!( I was out front under a patio unbrella in the driveway! haha They do have a different vintage design to them, and you do really "sink" in when you sit in them! Very comfortable! :) I am SO excited to see them! couple of weeks I'm told, then I will post more pics, the afters! I cannot wait! Thank you for stopping by and the lovely comments!:) hugs Kat =^.^= gonna go and check out your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great antique chairs. I know you will use your magic and make them look fantastic! Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog...glad I did. These chairs are wonderful. Can't wait to see them reupholstered...exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! They turned out really nice. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Pretty. Can't wait to see the new fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=