Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Labour of Love




Hello Sunshines! I am so excited to share my latest endeavour with you. It was truly a labour of love. This little 100 year old upright piano, was made by "W. Saville & Co.. London." They sell them in the United Kingdom. This was such an interesting piece with loads of detail and character and it took me quite a while to complete.

She is a petite size, tall and thin. Her keys are ivory and pristine for her age of 100. She called my name for a new life and to save her. She is the essence of antique sophistication!

Now I know some will say, why would you paint this beauty? She just talked to me and wanted an update, and a "white profound look at me" type of statement was really the only way to showcase this unique exquisite piece.

Won't you please join us in our journey? I had a wonderful time and great satisification accomplishing this piece. Although it took many days weeks of dry time in between painting, I do love her new and improved texture!

She has a wonderful silky smooth finish now, a lovely touch, and a creamy cloudy linen color. A feast for the eyes if I do say so myself. I am happy how "she" turned out and I know someone will just love to have her in the middle of any room!










Lots of detail work, and well worth the effort. Lots of taping, a little repair here and there, and maybe a little tuning in her future, she is still a very classy little lady!




As you can see I utilized some of my favorite paints and primers! Kilz! I have always loved this product because it really works so well. It gets the job done!

So now here she is in all her glory, as we await to be picked up! I am actually sad! I will miss her! She is really dainty and cute!

She has abalone shell little dots of decoration up in the middle section with brass inlay. Quite lovely.









































I completed the piano stool as well. Solid as a rock, a seat that will height adjust, with little claw and crystal "teal" ball feet! Another very detailed piece I love!

Please stop by again soon............................


To be continued.............hugs Kat =^.^=


Furniture Friday at Miss Mustard Seed, joining the party this week!










http://www.thethriftyhome.com









Fridays Unfolded




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





Chic on a Shoestring Decorating




vif187

Photobucket
Photobucket





Rooted In Thyme
Mod Vintage LifeParty over at Mod Vintage Life , Mod Mix Monday!





















Ask Anna! Weekend Warrior!








Show and Tell Friday over at My Romantic Home

34 comments:

  1. What a great transformation. I can't even imagine the patience, time, and work you put in this grand ole beauty. Personally I love it white.

    Glad to find you posting more frequently.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie! Thank you! Yep took a while :) BUT well worth it, I just love it too!It is cuter in person!:) Hugs! =^.^=

      Delete
  2. Wow, it's gorgeous! I want it, too bad you don't live a little closer! :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna oh thank you, and I know, Id love to keep her as well! LOL hugs Kat
      PS I thought I replied, I believe I am a new follower :) Guess I am tired today! :)

      Delete
  3. Awwwww.....what a beauty she is!! You distressed it beautifully!! The old uprights are such a treasure I think! sure wish I could see it in person....ugh! Hope it finds a precious home! Thanks for sharing..I found you at Savvy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janis, thanks so very much for stopping by and your kind words! Yes, I hope she gets a good home too, she really is much prettier in person :) She is in a really cute "beach" theme with shells and glass and I will be taking a few final pictures of her on Saturday because her "area" is not fully decorated just yet, the girls are playing with this cutie! Chopsticks were played alot today! lol hugs Kat =^.^=

      Delete
  4. What a huge project and an even greater payoff. It's beautiful! Well done!

    Gosh, I hate not being able to comment any more because you have word verification turned on. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry OH MY GOODNESS! I didn't know it was turned on and not really sure how to get it turned off??? help! YES it was a rather large job to take on but I love how she turned out so sweet!! thank you thank you for the kind words! :) Kat =^.^=

      Delete
    2. Hi Terry, I think I set to turn off the word verification! Thank you for letting me know about that! I am SO still learning! LOL hugs

      Delete
  5. Elegant! Great job on the distressed finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it - love it - love it!!! You did such an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julene!!!!! Thank you :)! You take just beautiful pictures! Thank you so much! Hugs Kat

      Delete
  7. Lovely!
    ... Great job! Love the distressed look. Well done!
    Visiting from Home Sweet Home :)

    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pernilla! Thank you so very much for stopping by and the lovely comments! I just stopped by your blog! I love it, and I am your newest follower! Looks like we both love the Rachael Ashwell shabby chic look too! I love the distressed anything anymore! :) Just has a come on in and visit feel for me :) hugs Kat =^.^=

      Delete
  8. What a huge transformation looks awesome...
    Your newest follower, I invite you to visit my world as well...
    Blessings Lori
    P.S I miss my mom too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori! Im your newest follower too! WOW WHAT A BEAUTIFUL HOME and FAMILY you have! Thank you for following and the kind words on this little beauty! She sure is different! Now I can see all her little details and I love them! She shines now!
      Lost my beloved Mother in 1999, seems just like yesterday still! :( I always say with a tear, "dont get me near the hallmark cards on Mothers Day!" I still cry!
      :( She loved her cards and saved them all! But I know she is always "with" me now and I know your's is with you too! :) with Hugs and Love, Kat

      Delete
  9. Wow! That is one amazing transformation, Kat! Very daring indeed. But she turned out just beautiful!!!! She'll be whisked out that door in no time, I'm sure! Great job!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie, thank you! It was a BIG job but fun! :) I hope she is whisked!! :) I just stopped by your blog, wow, beautiful pictures and I am SO very excited for you with your new booth! I loved it when I had mine, I too love to move stuff around A LOT! LOL You will do well!I just know it! So get ready! :) It is lovely! I am your newest follower too! Blessings, Kat =^.^=

      Delete
  10. What a great idea. Never would I think to paint a piano, but you did and I love it. It looks so shabby chic but so original. Everyone will now follow in your footsteps. Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Hope to see you again soon. New Follower.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks! I am one of your followers, beautiful gardens! WOW! Thanks for the kind words! :) Hugs Kat

      Delete
  11. That looks awesome...your hard work and patience paid off. Thanks so much for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi oh thank you! I love your newbie parties! Hugs Kat

      Delete
  12. She is so pretty! Makes me want my piano back, oh well, I will admire yours. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina think I sent you a email! :) thanks for the kind comments! :) Kat

      Delete
  13. So lovely in white! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney, thank you! I enjoy your parties! :) hugs Kat

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, oh how I love your blog! thank you! Hope to join in on a few others! Been painting my fingers off! I just keep forgetting to take B4's! :) Hugs Kat

      Delete
  15. I'm stopping by from Debbie-Doo's ...

    This project turned out great! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with all of us. Your inspiration is ... well ... inspiring!
    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda! OMGOSH! Your blog is so AWESOME!* and beautiful!) I just Followed too! and thanks for following me! I LOVE the pillows, SEE now I will try and make some for my patio! I love them! So cute!!!!! You are also a shortcut on the desktop! :) Have to go paint paint paint and finish what I started yesterday but later I will visit and learn! Thank you! :) Oh gee, another project to start, Home Depot here I come! LOL =^.^= lol

      Delete
  16. Hi Linda, thank you for stopping by AND the lovely words! All of you are so inspiring to me with the blogging, sharing, laughing, crying and just creating! I am loving it! :) Gonna visit you! Hugs Kat =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  17. I played and learned on a piano a lot like this one when I was a kid and on up at my parent's house. It's nice that you made it match your theme. Come by and visit me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenifer, thanks for stopping by! I wish I had continued my lessons when I was a kid! :) I will stop by and visit! :) hugs kat =^.^=

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=