Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Final Week countdown- Pantry Dinner

Hello Sunshines! Happy last week of 2011! WOW this year has just flew by and I am in a rush this week with tons of stuff to get done! So, with that said, and being too lazy to go anywhere today, I had to feed myself from the pantry! Also this was all I could find! (besides cleaning Pantry and the fridge, I found stuff to cook! lol)






























So let's get started! I always have Bob's Red Mill Dry VEGI Soup Mix in the pantry, in fact, I keep it in a glass canister on the counter, with a scoop!

 It's fast, and way good! Homemade meatless soup on a cold Winter's day!





 All of this in one hours time! Here goes! Note: The can of Peach Slices is my dessert!




Follow the directions on the package, basically one part soup mix to four parts of water or more, I always add one extra cup of water! (this soup mix can be found at local health food stores and some of the larger chain super markets like Albertson's or Smith's and also Von's.)
































Add the soup mix, water, freshly ground pepper, a couple of Knorr Vegetable Bouillon cubes, spices to taste; I also added fresh garlic; set to simmer, and set the timer for 60 minutes! About half an hour before done, I drain the canned veggies and run clear water over (don't want that liquid) add them and the roasted maters, liquid and all, cover and continue cooking (at simmer) remainder of time.

This is an easy and adjustable recipe, you can add left over meats, chicken or beans, or eat as is,your choice. This is just one of the many staples I keep in the Pantry in a pinch!
Let me tell you, it was delis! And, I now have lunch and dinner tomorrow as well!

Almost done! Let me get that bowl!

Ta DA! Wow that was so good, fast and easy and I had to have two bowls! LOL I added my fresh herbs on top and some Parm cheese! Fresh ground pepper and that was it!
Enjoy your evening Sunshines! Hugs Kat =^.^=
The countdown begins!
Week's end parties! Wo Hoo :)
vif187PhotobucketStuff and NonsenseIvy and Elephants

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

3 comments:

  1. Looks good!! Thanks for the recipe!

    Thank you for for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious. I love your cookware. It is gorgeous. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Kat!! =^.^=
    Where on earth have you gotten the pots and tea pot?!! They are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=