Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Good Morning Sunshines! Happy Saturday!

The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, it is beautiful outside, not too hot just yet and I've been out in the garden with my coffee, working and taking some pictures too!

My dead bougainvillea has come back to life! Who knew! It was beautiful last winter, then the freeze hit and I really thought it was gone! I am so very happy, it is a mean plant, with large stickers and hard to trim but it is pretty and by the size of the base, it has been in the ground for a few years! I will not be attempting to remove it anytime soon!

Last night I made my dinner, which consisted of maters and my herbs from my garden! A picture is worth a thousand words and it was delis! I also used one of my favorite salad dressing for the past few years of "rice vinegar."

There is regular and seasoned and really you don't have to add any oil to it at all. Before you go yea right, the flavor of rice vinegar is a very mellow smooth nutty, quiet flavor. How's that for a description! Can you feel how it would taste about now? Well the seasoned is more mellow than the regular, but both are are very good and worth a try.

I first learned about Rice Vinegar from the actor Vincent Price, who played in some of the Edgar Allan Poe movies, I believe The Raven was one of them, and mostly all the scary ones.

He was a guest on the Johnny Carson show YEARS ago and he was a "home chef" in addition to acting and talked about Rice Vinegar. Well, after I heard his description of this vinegar, I had to try it and have been a fan ever since. Give it a try, you won't be sorry!

Hint: You can jazz up your salads with blueberries, strawberries and this vinegar just enhances the flavors. I know it is different but give it a try :D

I hope everyone has a restful, wonderful, productive Saturday! Here are a few pictures, enjoy!


The plant! :D






















Random garden...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=