Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

From Chandy Love to Terrarium



















Good Friday morning Sunshines! Did I ever tell you I have one of those "oh don't throw THAT away because I can MAKE SOMETHING OUTTA THAT!" thing goin on!

Well I have this thing for contractor grade gold chandeliers. I love to re-use and re-purpose them and I am after all a gardener in every sense.

I hope the pictures tell the story of how I got to the planters, in short, take the chandelier apart, all of it, turn it upside down and go to town, building your planter from the ground up! I purchased small, medium, tall, and very large ones in all colors, white and gold. I sanded some, then antiqued some as well. The gold will tarnish on it's own with time.

I used small clay pots, glued together, bottom to bottom as a base to elevate the candle holder or tea cup because the clay will hold the water and also blend in with the dirt.

I used different pieces parts for the base, the heavy glass tea light holders from Michaels, three for a dollar, and a ton of wrought iron bases I found one time at a thrift store, SCORE! I didn't know what I was going to do with them at the time but am very happy with the results.

I used E-6000 type glue for the base and it has held up very well with the hot weather we have here!

I hope the pictures tell the story for you to make your own someday and re-cycle, re-use, re-purpose those ugly chandy's! (I haven't found an ugly one yet to be truthful! I love them all!)


From Chandy love to terrarium planters. Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special! I love Donna and her site, she is SO creative!



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special












Enjoy! Linking up to My Romantic Home Show and Tell Friday! Happy Weekend and a Very Happy Father's Day!
Love Kat =^.^=

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


Transformation Thursday



HOG

Enjoy! As you can see, you can use those little fat candles or tapers, if using tapers use some florist type clay to hold them straight. I will tell you they are heavy when done! I used some of the moss plants, and the small herbs as well, drop in some colored pebbles or stones of choice, be creative! What you can do with these is limitless and you or someone will LOVE them as a gift as they are really just one of a kind!
















Linking up to the Blog Party over at DYI by Design

Linking up to at the picket fence Inspiration Friday! :)








Photobucket






 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you! You should have seen the basket at the thrift store! LOL It was a riot! Thank you for posting a comment! Hugs Kat =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those are real conversation starters in your garden. I especially like the one with the "lid" and wrought iron stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! What a beautiful thing to do with old lights! Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Yes conversation starters for sure, and there are so many various chandys out there once you turn them upside down in your head! :D Kinda fun to take apart and back together! Maybe I should call them "Frankies!" LOL for my Frankensteins! :P Have a wonderful weekend! :D Kat =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very creative! I love the one that is enclosed. Great repurpose! Thanks for linking that up at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your lantern terrarium! Especially the little tea cup. I'm rushing out to the antique shop to get some material now. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Following you,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! They are so terrific. So very clever. I love terrariums. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=