Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Goat Feathers!!!!!

January 2020
Times sure have changed in so many ways! This place (post below) is still in our quaint little town under new ownership. People have moved on to other things, we have sadly lost some as well. Just taking a trip down memory lane with this post, have a wonderful Friday everyone! -^.^=


Goat Feathers! Well that is where I have my booth! I always wanted one and thanks to some new friends and mentors, I do! THANK YOU GUYS! I so appreciate all of the feedback and direction! I could not have started this without you!
So a little about this place! Doc, the owner, told me that the name Goat Feathers came from his childhood! It was a place he went to all the time, to eat! Basically, the name came from another term, "horse feathers" when someone was pullin your leg or tellin a long tall story, well "Goat Feathers" was planted in "his" mind and turned into this wonderful place, 1300 Wyoming Street in quaint little Boulder City Nevada, 89005, just behind the historic Boulder City Hotel. We are located about 20 minutes from Las Vegas, and our city motto is, "A World Away in a Day."
Goat Feathers used to be the Boulder Dam Laundry when they were building the dam. est 1948. It is a whopping 8000 square feet of fun fun fun! You can stay in there all day, and still not see everything! He and his manager, Cheryl has done an awesome job of picking antiques and history and placing it just so to wrap you up and it takes you back to when you grew up!
Kitchen cleaning things, BonAmi, old time wash boards, old laundry tubs, you name it it's there! I lose myself in there! There is old time candy, and soda pops in bottles! Rock Candy on the stick, the wax bottle candy, remember those! WOW! Everywhere you walk you listen to 40' 50' 60' music and black and white tv programs playing everywhere. If you peeked in you might see me dancin to TEQUILA! LOL, I'm sorry to keep saying this, but it is a BLAST and just an AWESOME place to visit again and again as it is a living place, keeps changing on a daily basis!



Last Tuesday, 19 April 2011, we had a potluck and I got to meet some of the vendors. What a great bunch! We had wonderful food, of course I had seconds! OH MY! Now I need recipes! Maybe a Goat Feathers Potluck Recipe Book is in the offing? The manager Cheryl, and the owner Doc and all the vendors are just wonderful! I really feel at home there! I've made some nice friends, so thank you Doc, Cheryl, Niki, Judy, Sarah Jane, Vicky,Cherie and Garylene, just to name a few! You guys are the BEST!

I hope you all find something in the following pics that make you smile! I did! We have the "Crystal Wizard" Don, who is the glass blower, Cherie, who has beautiful dolls, antique dresses and jewelry; Vicky, who can SEW up a storm and has a wonderful variety of unique antique items also! Garylene,jewelry and antiques; Niki and her husband photographer, wow is all I can say, and Zelda Fognozzles, www.zeldafognozzles.com you will see the picture! Wonderful items for the log home decor group, red kitchen wares, girlie things, tons of fun!

If you ever get a chance to stop by the quaint town of Boulder City Nevada, please stop in at Goat Feathers! Everyone is getting ready to celebrate Easter Sunday, but next weekend, April 30-May 1, 2011, is Spring Jamboree Antique Show, Escalante Park, South of Old Town Boulder City, Featuring Restored Original Pedal Cars from Back in Thyme Antiques. A good time should be had by all!

I wish you and yours a Happy Easter! Hugs, Kat

And these are of my own booth :P

1 comment:

  1. Great history story, wow! Since I have not been up to see the inside, please post some pictures of the booths! Sounds really neat. Love your Sis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=