Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Where Bloggers Create 2014, Welcome to this Bloggers Crazy new Space!

STOP!!
 
Enter at your own risk! Under Construction!
 
 
 Source:Pinterest
 
Well hi there and welcome to Boulder Dam Cottage, where I live in a quaint little cottage near the Hoover Dam in a little town called Boulder City, Nevada, USA.

 Thank you for joining me in my crafty mess again this year! Last years original post is, here, Where Bloggers Create 2013, where my main space was in the "Fashion Wearhouse", aka the garage!
 
I've made a few upgrades to the "wearhouse" like stapling some of my organic coffee bags to the ceiling to cover up the overhead storage units, and organizing when I can, but with weather permitting, it is hot in the desert! I added a bookshelf, and some cute metal baskets for storing crafting and sewing stuff! I still am in love with my work table!
 
The "wearhouse" is still "under construction." 
 
 So, moving on to this year, I've taken over my guest room and turned it into my "indoor" creative space.  It is a very small room but, here is the view. Did I mention a ceiling fan and air conditioning!
 
 
Lots of lighting, and a girl can never have too many chandeliers.

I've lined the walls of this tiny room with white painted bookcases, added a bistro table, a sewing machine or two (lol) and all the goodies I could stuff in there.

It is small, girlie, and I sit and or stand in the middle and twirl, but it is heaven inside and well,  I'm a happy girl!

I put raw pine shelves up with large unique vintage brackets. I added my bedroom dresser, big girl with lots of deep drawers filled to the brim. My tiny old fashioned small TV and a VHS tape player (OK it also has a place for a modern DVD movie to watch too, ha ha.) 

 
My little Vintage Singer Featherweight sits under one of the chairs.


All of my sewing and crafting books in one place, heaven! This is my happy place, my creative library, my quiet time, my mind and I have fun in here for sure.

I just love it, messy, full, stocked with goodies to make, give, try new things.

Again, I am truly blessed! And believe it or not, I can find most everything I'm looking for, so I can safely add "organized" to the list. :) Phew!
 
 
Oh my what a mess, still going through boxes. Karen gave us all permission to show the good, the bad and the UGLY! side of our crafting spaces.:)
 

 
Oh dear, YIKES!!!!!!! it is OK I will get there.


 
The closet, fabric fabric extra quilts pillows all behind door number three and four!


Source:Pinterest
 
 
 
The lamp was originally peach, remember the 1960's? Painted beige, cleaner, brighter, lighter, the shade was in wonderful condition so I just decoupaged it with some book pages. Love the look now.
 
 
One of my Vintage Singers, oops, pardon my dust!


 
I share the room with two mannequins, I like the inspiration.
  

 
 
On the door I hang my vintage purses. Some are utilized for parts for a new project here and there because I love to re cycle and re purpose.
 

 
I love a lot of colour! I like busy!

 
Embroidery hoops! Love them!

 
Raw pine shelving, just perfect!  
 
 
Pint Teal Ball Canning jars for storage! My favorite colour!

 
A working Vintage Pinking machine from Singer! What a wonderful piece of precision here.


 
 
I've got my (teal) radio that also plays CDs, I'm all set! Sewin to the oldies!

 
Vintage stained glass in the window and a working Little Sister Vintage Sewing Machine on the shelf, FUN FUN, I have fun in here and don't want to come out!   :)
 
 
I like those tall plastic storage units on wheels, they are stable and hold so much. Vintage hankie and embroidery collection cover the fronts.Oh so busy busy! Now if I could get it in the closet, hum..........might have to make another mess to see, lol.

 
My indoor "creative space" is sweet and everything I need is at arms reach!
 
It is one of my happy places. 



  
 
 
A large wooden thread holder hangs on the door, until I find a wall to hang her on.  Another tall chrome shelf holds more of my vintage sheets and fabrics.

 
 


I'm cracking up, apparently when I moved here, I decided that I wanted to see if the improvements, like solar shades etc, would make any impact on this budget of mine, saving me dollars, so I got the large thermos and they are everywhere! but I like the research I'm doing to save. I can see if the ceiling fan helps, and I learned to always close the minis and drapes, filling that gap between the old windows and fabric is a tremendous help. krazykat lol
 

 
I have an old antique wooden round box that holds my collection of  lace pieces and sits under one of the bistro chairs perfectly! A little toile footstool is in place.
 
 


 
When I had my booths, I used this locking display case for jewelry, but now she holds very vintage items and little family keepsakes.

 

 
 
 

 
 

 
The little workhorse by Ikea
 

Isn't she a cutie!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed visiting my small creative space. I have everything I ever wanted here at quaint little cottage! A dollhouse, a wearhouse and a quaint tiny (indoor) creative space too. I am truly blessed and so very thankful.
 
I've had fun getting her ready, and I am looking forward to visiting all the creative bloggers joining the party! I always learn a thing or five! :) so much inspiration in one place! It's going to be a blast again this year.
 
A big thank you to Karen at My Desert Cottage for once again hosting this fun event!
 
 Last year was my first, and I have once again had a blast taking pictures, cleaning and attempting to organize myself. I have a long way to go, but hey, creative souls always make a mess and there is always organizing to do on a daily basis, and thats always part of the fun. And hey if you have any ideas for me, I'd love to hear from you! :)
 
Have fun checking out everyones spaces, I know I will!
 
xo Kat =^.^=
 

38 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh... so HERE you are Kat... glad I found you! I'd visited your Google+ Cyber Space and couldn't figure out how to get in... but now that I've found the Back Door I'm no longer chomping at the bit to get in to see where your Artistic Magic happens! *smiles* Thanks for coming by for a Blog Visit to my Space, isn't this such Fun? I will probably be up all Night now visiting everyone's Spaces and being overdosed on Inspiration and Eye Candy!!! I can certainly relate to the heat of the Desert preventing some of our Projects from going from being under construction to being completed... that is actually where my Art Studio Cottage is hanging in Limbo right now... but at least I got the main room completed in time for Karen's Blog Party this year so I could actually Participate and not just be a lurker or Spectator on the sidelines! *LOL* Being in Chronic Disorganization most of the time it was a Blessing that I had just completed the Makeover in time for this Party so that it looked presentable still! *Ha ha ha* Thanks for taking me on the Grand Tour... and giving me a good Giggle... I can picture you Twirling in there right now! *Smiles*

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... where it's currently too Hot for too many Grandoise Projects to be going on full belt... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn I replied earlier but blogger and I are apparently fighting! Thank you for stopping by glad we found each other again! I love your space, so creative! Yes I do a lot of twirling! lol thanks again for your lovely comments, xo kat =^.^=

      Delete
  2. Oh but what a lovely mess it is!!!!!! It is perfectly divine and I can see why it is your happy place! That wall of fabric and lace got me all a quiver!!! LOL!!! Thank you so much sharing it with everyone. I saw no bad or ugly!!! Just GOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, oh lets hope those shelves dont come tumblin down one day! lol Thank you for stoppin by and throwing this lovely party again this year, I know it is so much work! I know just enough to get myself in trouble on blogger too, I have replied once already and it just went away? yikes! anyway I so love your room got a lot of ideas especially that bookshelf! lookin for moulding now :) have a great weekend, I will be on your blog all night catching up! What fun I look forward to it now :) hugs to you kat =^.^=

      Delete
  3. Oh what a great space! I love how you used the hankies on the drawers. I should have thought of that. You need to come see my linky and see what I am doing with the drawer fronts. Your idea is better! I love that pinking machine. Very cool.
    Thanks for linking so I could come by. I linked too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there oh thank you, twirling a lot in there lol, yes I will stop by and see, I need to catch up but I had to EAT and step away from the computer lol! Way too many ideas my head started to hurt! you could actually see smoke coming out of my ears! hahahaha thanks for stoppin by, hugs to you and what a great weekend we are all having! xo kat =^.^=

      Delete
  4. So great that you moved indoors to an air conditioned space.... I can't imagine the heat in your area of the world. That antique Singer machine is incredible! What a beautiful piece - they sure don't make them like that anymore. Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maureen, yep 110 deg in my garage and guess what my laundry is out there as well ICK! anyway i love being inside in the summer, winter I play out there, arent i a lucky gal when I think about it! lol I have several Singers, just like that will be selling soon they have all been fixed and are ready for new homes soon :) No they dont make them like that any more for sure huh they sew multiple layers and i am so impressed! Quality for so many years! Seasoned stuff like me hahahaha thanks for visiting have a great weekend, Im still surfin Karens place! Way too much fun! hugs kat =^^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving all your fabric and trims around the room! I don't use any but I do collect some! LOL! I lived in Vegas for 6 years so I am so glad you have your own little space - we are in TX now and we still keep all the blinds closed during the hottest parts of the day - the ceiling fan helps so get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita, thanks for stopping by! yes its way dark in here these days, I think it helps :) Kat

      Delete
  7. This looks like space where I could really have some fun. I adore it! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy thank you for stopping by, yep fun for sure :) kat

      Delete
  8. Wonderful creative space. I feel as though I've walked into a haberdashery shoppe. Wonderful!! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, wow thanks, that was the look I was going for, I grew up sitting at the drugstore with sodas, lol, all wood counters and I loved that. I wanted a bungalow packed with stuff and I think I got it! lol thanks for your lovely comments and stopping by! xo kat =^.^=

      Delete
  9. What a lucky gal to have a refuge inside from the heat and the big studio outside as well! So much fun to see the I door space, and I have never seen a pinking machine before, that was cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen thank you, I found the pinking machine on ebay, what a find, I originally was looking for the shears and saw this little girl! She is impressive and works, the gentleman I got it from wrapped her up like she was a doll! Have to love all the Singer products they seem to last forever and such quality, I cannot say enough! Thank you for stopping by! xo kat

      Delete
  10. You are filled to the brim there, Kat, and I love it! : ) What a ball I would have just going through your fabrics and doily collections. I actually want to find some more of those doily and lace pieces. I saw so many last year and yard and estate sales but only bought a few. I've used them up on pillows and stockings already. Love that you have your books in here, too. I only have a couple of crafting type books but they are also in my creative space. I have a small space, too ~ smaller than yours. I have plans to try and utilize the back of the door better with a canvas shoe rack that I want to embellish. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, loved your space too, wow, see what we can do when we go up! haha anyway I take my time outs in there! haha sitting on the floor going through the drawers and organizing sometimes, yes I love it and I am blessed to have a few spaces to call my own! thanks so much for stopping by! xo kat

      Delete
  11. Now that is a beautiful mess ♥ I love all of your doilies and laces! Thank you so much for sharing your space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy! thank you! I love to make the messes! :) kat

      Delete
  12. Love your vintage sewing machine and those delicious stacks of fabrics, oh my! Thank you for sharing your creative haven.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a store in my area, a great antique store, called, A Beautiful Mess. That is what you have - so much fun to look at and get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my thank you, what a compliment! Yes it is eye candy for me and I can make more messes daily! which I do, lol :) kat

      Delete
  14. Fabulous room chock full of treasures! How fun! And what a gorgeous antique Singer! Thank you for the tour!

    Cathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, yes so much fun and me thinks I should dust that little gal more often and use her! I cant wait to make something, she is like an industrial sewing machine and i have a ton of burlap Im dying to sew! sew much to do sew little time! lol thanks for stopping by! xo kat

      Delete
  15. Love those Ikea stitches. Your room is heaven and I know you have a wonderful time while in there! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty, thank you for stopping by! A little bit of heaven like quaint little town! for sure, xo Kat

      Delete
  16. Finally found you. What a create space to have fun and create in! Thanks for visiting my space and commenting. Wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, thank you for stopping by! Loved your space! Have a good Sunday! its overcast today and only 90 deg so Im in love! I was even able to have my coffee out with the boys in the patio! lol Kat

      Delete
  17. Fabrics and Lace and threads, Oh My!
    A perfect beautiful mess.
    Like the vintage pinking machine.

    ❤ Helena

    ─ƤєтαƖ & Lαcє Ƈσттαgє ─

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helena, thank you! I can make one BIG mess cant I lol! :) Yes the vintage pinker works, very well made, very impressed! xo Kat

      Delete
  18. I absolutely love this space. I see 'other' craft spaces and i do drool because of the matching furniture and color scheme and go through phases of wanting that. Everything placed nicely (but hidden - sad face). But ultimately my room looks like yours. Things spilling off the shelves - no room to move - I adore seeing my stuff - how do i get inspired if it is all hidden away. I have treasures from my childhood - including a doll made by my mother that has seen better days - sitting there. It is MY space and my treasure room and I need to see it all!! My husband doesn't do "mess" so the rest of the house is not suitable to my stuff. This is my haven and it this space looks like yours joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, if I may call you that! I think that is how I see you and your space, Ronnie with stuff (like me) all over the place and her! lol Thread does stick to your clothes ya know! lol Anyway, yes I think we could call it organized clutter! WE know where stuff is, and unless you are like-minded I think I would have a lovely keep out on the door handle lol I bet you like to sit on the floor, in the middle of your mess too! I do, if I could roll around in the fabric believe me I would. strange as it sounds, so passionate about textile, texture, fabric just to look at it makes me so very happy. I tell you, its a sickness :) thank you so much for stopping by! You made my day and made me smile! :) xo Kat =^.^=

      Delete
  19. Oooh, there's so much to play with in your studio, Kat. I love it! The painted lamp and decoupaged shade is just great. I'm inspired to do something like that the next time I find a thrift store or yard sale lamp that needs help. Oh, and that little red tape dispenser with the embroidered lace trim? I SO want that. Happy to be a new follower. . .thanks for sharing at Karen's party. xxx ~ Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, thank you for following and your lovely comments, those lamps are way fun to play with.
      Isn't that tape dispenser just so sweet! I think that came out of Betty, the vintage sewing machine cabinet I got from the senior center. It had belonged to a lovely English lady who is gone now, her cabinet drawers were full of lovely and sweet treasures, that I now cherish. Her machine was so cared for, her tiny sewing kits, some from England, the pieces of fabric she cherished and saved, all there; small lovely tins and papers folded with needles. I am a history lover and she left it, luckily I found it and will keep them safe. She was a sewer for sure, and her machine still works. I had fun sharing this year, I am loving all the comments and so many ideas :) I know you know what I mean, I've visited you and will follow as well. xo kat =^.^=

      Delete
  20. I am loving all of your wonderful goodies. I would have a ball working in your sweet studio. I am enamored with your little vintage pinking thingy. Never seen one before.

    Thanks for sharing, and have fun in your studio, in a little cottage, just over the hill, in a quaint little town that I miss with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ellie! Thank you! for two days now, the grey black beauty clouds rolled in, burst and gave us the water we so required. The good Lord played his loud drum, dogs hid, water flooded the streets and I, I sat in the patio under the roof watching. It was lovely, the smell, the mist from the waves and sheets of rain, the wind, the wet clothing, all so worth it. I know you would have loved that quiet just before the storms, another one on the way tomorrow. I cannot wait!
    Thanks for stopping by! My little area, so sweet, I just love being in there as well! xo have a good week :) kat =^.^=

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=