Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

............meet mr m......he is built....and.....quite....the charmer.......



...............hello sunshines...........well I call him "Mr.!".........

.....such charm........an oldie but a goodie.......with rounded 1920s corners.........old crazed and cracking laminate...........drawers with broken innerds................however..............me and the hammer............ok it was hammer time..............again! :)..............sweat and glue................we are now lookin pretty good if I say so myself!.......can you say.....................spiffy!

........he was the least expensive of my recent treasures....mr m is over sized...........loads of character.....this guy is built to last.... with large drawers and such a really great size

........his adornments need a little help......apparently missing something but I like that look and so it is fine and will work well with my theme of things..............as you can see he "fit" right in my patio for the small tv with...........of course.........viewing the
...Olympics.....while I work out in this heat........will I ever learn?........but .... wow....how great they are this year!

...............mr m ...........he took a bit longer to take care of .....to complete.............oh but I just love him..........all dressed up in his white suit! ...................you rock now mr m.....:)....the bottom piece was falling off so needed repair..................................underneath was........... newsprint.........very very old..................and cannot see any year or dates but wow... what a nice surprise...........even the newsprint..........glued to the underside has withstood the sands of time and everything else.........................oh if some of these pieces could talk................

......inside I added some light contact paper from True Value..............garden theme.............now I can just wipe out the drawers if they get dusty......................

....................................the old furniture was just made of such quality and has lasted all this time...........I am so pleased I can utilize him for a long time to come........and he didn't end up in a landfill somewhere.............when I am done I will pass him along yet again...................he is sitting next to my new couch...........which I will show you soon................

........my patio has somewhat gone vintage cabin cottage...old vintage table cloths and pillows.............with an East flair..............back East in these United States................love it!.........still more things to paint to the whiter colors............and we will get there...............this decorating frenzy..........................will happen..............and soon...............:)

...........hope you enjoy meeting mr m! :)...............



............I threw on some discounted drawer pulls from Hob Lob and they will work just fine out in the elements....love the colors...muted black with a touch of yellow................seems to match ........my Union Pacific Railroad................worker..........metal lined box!.........that......is a lovely vintage piece...I've had him for about 20 years now.....................was going to paint him........but decided........................not anytime soon....................

....now ....time to have a bite..........in the patio ..........of course...............:)





.............................have a wonderful day sunshines..........I know I will..........hugs =^.^=

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Thanks so much for letting us in on the Primer. I too hate sanding anything and will definitely try this product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=