Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The End (of November!) already
































Hello Sunshines! Already, wow, tomorrow is the last day of November! I am so not sure where this year has gone, and the worst thing ever is that Christmas counter I put on the sidebar! I'd like to slap him! LOL as Christmas is just around the corner huh! :) Only kidding!

I am being very lazy this week, today was almost 72 degrees and I am so loving this weather! Tomorrow, should be more of the same! So without further adieu.......hope you have a wonderful end to a great month! :)


































I just love this pot! It's very old, and I made it from scratch back in my ceramic clay and pot throwing era! :) I used my utensils to cut out flowers and such, primitive, but creative at the time :)

 It has little dings here and there, I made this WAY BACK WHEN! LOL in a ceramics class I took when I lived in California. The city had turned a school into an adult center.

My friends and I would go and "throw" the clay and hand make things and then stop at a local sandwich shop before we went home! Throwing clay and using a wheel is way fun but tiring ya know!

It was hysterical! I can't tell you how many times the "guys" standing in line would do a double take on us and ask if we were house painters! We used to just giggle and say yeppers! We are! The clay was just everywhere, but that is what made it a blast!

So this clay pot, although very very heavy and not straight at all, means a lot to me, lots of memories. And yes, I do like it outside for now. I've had it inside with fruit in it but now tis the season for the pine cones to sit there quietly, until one of the pups brings one inside though the doggie door, and that is another story too!

I may have to bring it in again before it starts the wind and rainy season (if ever this year!) and set it beside the fireplace. Maybe throw some cinnamon in there and cloves to make the house smell good!

The next two pictures are really funny! The green stuff is from the original large lavender bush that has since gone on to greener pastures upstairs! If you know what I mean. When I moved in to this home it was kinda on it's last leg, but I brought it back, and it was so green in the winter and the hummingbirds just loved it! I clipped all the dead buds off and new ones sprouted all over the place, then one day it started dying! Don't know why, maybe I loved it too much or gave it too much water, but it passed on.

This green is the left overs from the Mother bush, and they are all over the rocky area. They are the fly aways I call them and they are very healthy, strong little plants and smell very very strong of lavender which I love.

I am hoping they spread all over the place and get very large, the birds love them so! Have a good one everyone! Hugs, Kat =^.^=



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I read every one! Kat =^.^=